User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

RC Helicopter

• The FrSky module has a speaker in it that beeps a distinctive pattern when you're getting to the edge of your range so there's little chance of you losing control. The stock antenna consistently gets me 1.5km and i've been told that that's about average for a FrSky.
  • ^ That's a great feature! Too bad it's on backorder. Is there a way to get the telemetry on it to work without getting the separate LCD screen for it?
  • No idea. I only use the RSSI function for the range warnings. Voltage readings i get on the OSD.
  • @hajile
    anu pala gamit nio trasmitter module tsaka vrx vtx?
  • Just the usual 5.8Ghz gear

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-58g-200mw-txrx-with-integrated-regulator-board-and-mi-p-178.html

It's the same as this one, they're pretty common apparently.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15295__Boscam_5_8Ghz_200mw_FPV_Wireless_AV_Tx_Rx_Set.html
  • Baket marami gumagamit ng 5.8ghz kahit na madaling mablock ung signal
    mahal ba ung 1.2 ghz compared sa 5.8 vtx vrx?

anu pala ung module ng 9xr nio?
  • It's easier to setup and less likely to have interference. I can't fly my 1.3ghz because it's resonating with the 2.4ghz radio. I can usually fly 1.5km with the frsky, but when I put on the 1.3ghz box, I get range warnings at 100 meters.
  • anu ung 1.3 vtx and vrx nio?
    baket hindi kayo gumamit ng 433mhz openlrs 1w <click here for link> anu ba advantage ng frsky vs 433mhz openlrs?
    and why use 2.4 pagkakaalam ko frequency ng wifi yan

curious lang po :D

-- edited by roseneil on Apr 19 2014, 02:04 AM
  • Ako, initially, I was also eyeing the 433 open LRS ng OrangeX (tunog open source kasi hehehe). Upon reading up on it, parang kumplikado gamitin. Hindi raw plug and play. Sabi para raw masetup at magamit yung Open LRS features kailangan daw ng programming skills saka experience with Arduino. Wala ako pareho nun.

Now, I'm interested in the FrSky 2.4ghz combo. Medyo PnP (set lang ng channel) saka may ACCST technology para maging interference proof. May pre-integrated telemetry pa (if you have the equipment for it).

Wala pa atang stock so I have time to decide.

Sir Hajile can hopefully provide us with more details and help me decide.
  • May pre written codes ako na nakita at pede rin daw lagyan ng telemetry ung 433 openlrs
    hindi ako makapagbigay ng info since wala pa kong binibili baka matagalan pa ko kasi pinangbili ko muna pisonet pera ko :D

kamusta pala ung pinaship nio alexraz?
  • I actually have a 433 and currently testing it so i can finally use the 1.3 video. It's an OrangeLRS i got third hand from someone that couldn't get it to work. The original owner apparently couldn't get it very far, same with the second owner. However, i read consistently that stock OrangeLRS antennas as just as bad as not having antennas at all. So i looked up 433 antennas and made a dipole. When i tried it out by going around the block, the frsky went into failsafe after two houses, the OrangeLRS can still go with no warning beeps at eight houses. Really good. Now i'm just trying to figure out how to mount the huge antenna on the wing of the bixler. It's a foot long and it has to stay vertical!

When i finally get the 433 in the air and get it to reach the limit of the 5.8Ghz on helical, then i'll mount the 1.3vTX

Advanages? FrSky is plug and play. On openlrs, you need to fabricate and mount your own antenna for best results.

The 2.4Ghz thing is a legal issue, it requires no license or fees to operate (Bluetooth, wifi, cordless phones, etc.) so manufacturers just went ahead and used it. To keep it from ending up getting shot down when someone makes a call on their bluetooth headset, they invented frequency hopping. Wifi's generally stay on one frequency (It's the channel setting on the routers setup screen). Even if a packet the radio sent got chewed up by a nearby router, it wouldn't matter since it randomly sends the succeedig packets in a dozen other frequencies.

@alexraz
    Worse, the USB programmer listed under the OrangeLRS product page is actually meant for OrangeRX. I only found that out after the order arrived and realized i'll have to make my own programmer. Anybody interested in an OrangRX USB programmer? Never used.

Fortunately, the stock settings seem to work fine. Newer firmware apparently improves the performance even further, but for now, i just want to get this on my bixler.

@roseneil
    yes, the OrangeLRS receiver also has the ability to transmit. In fact, some guy actually uploaded a firmware that turned his OrangeLRS receiver into a transmitter and put that in his 9X radio.
  • ^
    1watt version ba yan gamit nio?
    mukang ok tong antenna na to para sa transmitter 433 rmilec
    External Image

sa rx cloverleaf? laki siguro nun xD. Pede naman siguro stock antenna sa rx
  • I might not have the time nor patience to deal with programming the modules when I get them. I'd rather use the time to learn to get the quad off the ground and land it without breaking anything. Plus the additional cost and time of buying or making a programmer (ang ninipis pa naman ng mga wire para sa usb, malabuhok). Since I'm still waiting for my shipment, di ko pa na aaral how the stuff works (Tx, FC, etc). I wouldn't want to be messing around with firmware on my first go (kaya afroESC inorder ko).

@Hajile

However, your 433 test results intrigue me. Malupit pala talaga penetration (I read somewhere that it actually reflects and diffracts around obstacles and slits rather than go through). On both of your tests, were you flying low alt or over the houses? Like I mentioned before, I'm worried about losing signal. I was planning of flying the thing from our house to my in-law's in the same village hehehe.

Why would you need to put a foot long antenna on the Rx of your plane? Setback ba yun ng 433mhz or para ma match yung range na binibigay nung 5.8ghz vTx/vRx mo?

When you said "stock settings seem to work fine" did you mean that you didn't have to flash the Rx/Tx to get it to work? Antenna lang talaga? I wouldn't want to end up like the first 2 owners of that unit.

@Roseneil

Pang dagdag lang sa sinabi ni Hajile... Legal issue nga ito. In most countries kailangan mo ng lisensya para gumamit ng continuously transmitting device sa 433mhz frequency. Kasama Pinas dun sabi nung kaibigan kong amateur radio enthusiast (lisensyado)... sabi rin nya na wala namang lisensya yung mga security guard so pinapakita lang na walang silbe yung batas.

-- edited by alexraz on Apr 19 2014, 07:47 PM
  • Why would you need to put a foot long antenna on the Rx of your plane?

correct me if im wrong :)
    Ganun talaga the lower the frequency mas malaki ung antenna
    kala ko dati kaya 5.8 ghz gamit madalas dahil maliit ang antenna
  • @Hajile

Will the common dipole antennas for UHF work with transmitting and receiving? Like the Yagi, Baron (bwahaha), saka mga balanced half-wave dipole na nabibili sa Raon?

@Roseneil

For some reason, Malaysia post ang ginamit ng HK sa pag send nung order. Umalis ng Kuala Lumpur nung 4/16.

Who's Online

208 active users within the last minute, 114 members, 94 guests.
Our newest member is BennettMa
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys