User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Dr. Tam Mateo's miracle tea

• Somehow, the memory of this thread popped in my head and I thought of visiting it again.

When MDs turn their back on us because there's no proven cure on cancer, lupus, multiple sclerosis and the like.... an ND doctor is here to save the day. He's the first filipino Naturopathic Doctor btw. He studied in the US (Alabama).

Some data for those who might want to know all sides of the situation before making a decision to put their faith in an unproven substance:

* Tam Mateo earned his degree from Clayton College of Natural Health - a distance-learning school*.

* Clayton College is not accredited in the US and its graduates are not licensed to practice in any state in the US.

* According to Wikipedia:

Clayton College did not offer clinical training**: individual program objectives listed on their website did not include preparing the student to diagnose or treat disease.

* Degrees issued by Clayton may not be acceptable to some employers or institutions, and use of degree titles granted by Clayton may be restricted or illegal in some jurisdictions.

One of its notable graduates, Gillian McKeith, was banned by the UK from using the title of Dr. in her adverts.

As for Tam Mateo's "ND" tag, it is not actually a valid title. A true Naturopathic Doctor in the US is one who has been licensed after passing a board exam. These NDs come from accredited schools of which there are only seven in North America:

Bastyr University
    Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
    Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
    National College of Natural Medicine
    National University of Health Sciences
    Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
    University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine

As for some of Tam Mateo's memberships:

American Naturopathic Medical Association - ANMA opposes any legislation that seeks to regulate the practice of naturopathy like this one: <click here for link>

In a sample letter they have on their web (for their members who may choose to send a letter to their government officials to reject a bill), they coach the use of the following argument:

1. My practice involves educating my clients on the use of natural therapies, including but not limited to fresh air, clean water, good diet and exercise to attain a healthier body.

2. I do not diagnose or treat disease and I represent the majority of practicing Naturopaths.

3. Naturopaths, Naturopathic Doctors, or Naturopathic Physicians should not diagnose, dispense drugs, or perform surgery as set out in the legislation in question.

4. Naturopaths, Naturopathic Doctors, or Naturopathic Physicians simply do not have the experience or education required for diagnosing, dispensing drugs or performing surgery’s.

5. It is in the public interest to protect the public from the group seeking this "Medical" scope of practice.

6.(Bill #) would take away my right to practice natural health care and prevent me from earning a living.

Association of American Nutritional Consultants - anyone can be a member as long as you have $60. Dr. Ben Goldacre of BadScience.net easily managed to get his dead cat "Professional Certified."

Philippine College for the Advancement in Medicine - according to Phillipinecompanies.com, this is not a school. <click here for link>

PHIL. COLLEGE FOR THE ADVANCEMENT IN MEDICINE FDN., INC

Business Type: Cosmetics and Herbal Products
    NO. 2 PANAY AVENUE 1100 QUEZON CITY
    Quezon City, Metro Manila

Tel: (632) 928-7696

=============

* For those unfamiliar with the term, distance-learning means that students did not go to the school itself. They were mailed materials at home.

** Clinical training refers to actual application of theories on a live setting. A student doctor, for instance, will be made to interact with patients (diagnose, treat, operate) under the supervision of his or her professor (a licensed doctor).

P.S.

I don't have an issue against anyone who says a proper diet and healthy lifestyle is good for you.

I have issues with those people who get rich off of offering people cure-it-alls that have never been proven to be effective or, in some situations, safe.

-- edited by korrill on Feb 02 2011, 06:39 PM

-- edited by korrill on Feb 02 2011, 06:45 PM
  • A fool and his money are soon parted. Amen.
  • korrill...

You have some problems with dr.mateo?countless of people had been cured one of them is my aunt who had breast cancer and right now
    is all well. It is all about the food ingested and the natural effects of the supplements has contributed in a great way.

-- edited by mielle on Jun 23 2011, 10:08 AM
  • korrill.............

The fact that Tam Mateo is a seventh day adventist........you can judge him now. He is rich because he is doing things in behalf of his GOD! If God is reach, of course his children should be reach. What do you expect?. I dont care about the negative things you've said korrill. Because none of that makes any sense! In your Statement "I have issues with those people who get rich off of offering people cure-it-alls that have never been proven to be effective or, in some situations, safe.". Come one!! Look around. What can you see on TV?? Herbal medicine is safe....why not try it now to prove it yourself? Well, maybe you are now suffering from mental or brain cancer, whatever they call it!!! PEACE!!
  • lolz
  • ^^ lols
  • abot kamay lang ang pagyaman hehe
  • To be a critic on things you've never really tried and understand... common... it's like an english teacher teaching calculus...
  • abot kamay lang ang pagyaman hehe
    kaya pala ser pag di ma contact yung phone, di ka pwede yumaman...

now i know.

-- edited by bluViper on Jan 12 2012, 04:16 PM
  • Never thought I'd have reason to post in this thread again.

korrill...

You have some problems with dr.mateo?countless of people had been cured one of them is my aunt who had breast cancer and right now
    is all well. It is all about the food ingested and the natural effects of the supplements has contributed in a great way.

Really?

Well, then. I don't suppose you'd be averse to provide us with the medical history of your aunt. You know, just to be sure that it was indeed "Dr." Mateo's cure that did it and not the result of actual proven medical procedures your aunt might have undergone and which you might have forgotten to mention.

The problem with "testimonials" as to the effectiveness of a certain "miracle" drug or supplement is that it's based more on assumption rather than on hard evidence such as the results of clinical trials undergone by actual medicines and treatments.

korrill.............

The fact that Tam Mateo is a seventh day adventist........you can judge him now. He is rich because he is doing things in behalf of his GOD! If God is reach, of course his children should be reach. What do you expect?. I dont care about the negative things you've said korrill. Because none of that makes any sense! In your Statement "I have issues with those people who get rich off of offering people cure-it-alls that have never been proven to be effective or, in some situations, safe.". Come one!! Look around. What can you see on TV?? Herbal medicine is safe....why not try it now to prove it yourself? Well, maybe you are now suffering from mental or brain cancer, whatever they call it!!! PEACE!!

Now this is the kind of post which I have a hard time deciding whether to dignify with a response or to just ignore. But just for the heck of it:

1. I don't care what religious affiliation a person has. Frankly, he could very well be a druid and I wouldn't have a problem with him if he was practicing honestly and providing treatments that are known to truly cure. I have no problem with people becoming rich from a cure they discovered - a cure that has been proven to work, that is.

What I have a problem with is people getting rich peddling un-proven treatments at exorbitant prices preying on the hopes of desperate people looking for a new lease on life.

2. Nice of you to be honest in saying you don't care about what I said. Our korean friend (who had cancer) also had the same attitude when I showed him the clinical findings about the "medicine" that was supposed to cure him (Laetrile).

He's dead, by the way. The supposed cure did nothing and his cancer spread in the time he was taking it.

3. There's still a difference even if something is proven to be safe to ingest. You must also consider the second question: Is it effective? A lot of people make that mistake with regards to these so-called herbal remedies and supplements. They think that since they don't die when they take it, it's good. Unfortunately, they never consider if it actually delivers the cure it promised.

That's what differentiates actual medicine from herbal supplements. Actual drugs are required to provide both proof of safety and efficacy. Something most herbal concoctions avoid seeing as how so many of these concoctions may pass safety but fail so miserably in terms of efficiacy.

4. Your response is full of condemnation for my post. But I prefer if you actually proved me wrong and presented clinical proof of the product you hold in such high regard.

Peace.

To be a critic on things you've never really tried and understand... common... it's like an english teacher teaching calculus...

And what made you think I don't understand the difference between snake-oil and true medicine?

As for your analogy, here's mine.

An english teacher cannot teach calculus effectively. But an english teacher still understands that the answer in calculus must be consistent with the solution before it is considered correct.

In the same way, I may not be a doctor or a pharmacist, but I'm very much aware of how one becomes a doctor (extensive studies and clinical training) or how a drug becomes approved as medicine (extensive research and clinical trials).

Things missing from the practice of "Dr." Mateo and his "miracle" tea.
  • away nanaman, pataasan ng ihi puta!
  • simula't sapul dami ng naglabasan mga gamot/pamamaraan ng paggamot sa mga sakit na halos walang lunas..dami ng yumaman dahil dito(dami na din gumaling hindi dahil sa gamot na nainum nila or sa paraan na paggamot sa kanila..gumaling sila dahil din sa kanila paniniwalang gagaling sila*power of mind*placebo effect*

may sakit na yun tao.naghihirap na yun pamilya sa gastos...aalukan pa ng kung ano anong nakakagaling na gamot na sa kalaunan sa wala rin mapupunta..
  • Placebo Therapist ftw

Who's Online

227 active users within the last minute, 114 members, 113 guests.
Our newest member is wpogjfhwji
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys