>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

router w/ torrent support

• @polka, thanks again.. I was able to view my downloads view WAN. For I know I'll keep the Asus stock firmware. I'm still on warranty and I don't wanna void that. Maybe pag natapos yung warranty I'll explore tomato or ddwrt
  • Hi sir polka!

If i intend to buy an asus rt-n14u for t****t downloads, pano ko siya magagamit if asus dl manager is blocked by trackers? Madali lang ba siya i-flash yung asus merlin fw?
  • ^well you to options its either

1. contact asus and complain about their Asus download master doesnt work on your trackers.
    2. void you warranty and upgrade to asus custom firmware

so if you opt to choose 2nd option, all you have to do is upgrade your router as usual like a regular asus firmware but how?

1. reset to defaults (or 30/30/30 reset) your router (refer to manual how to do it)
    2. go download this firmware <click here for link>
    * choose RT-N14U_3.0.3.8-081_full.trx
    3. Now you can use that trx file to migrate your n14u to cfw which can be done via Firmware Upgrade page on the Asus router page or via Asus Recovery Firmware software (included on the CD).

After installation, read the this documentation regarding about the firmware.
    <click here for link>
  • ^ thanks sir! Will try the 2nd option. :)
  • Pa guide namn po kung pano mag dl gamit yung bitt*rr*nt client sa tomato shibby kahit naka off pc. May naka mount na akong usb sa rt-n10u ko
  • ^go to tomato thread <click here for link>

see page 1 nandun yung instruction how to use transmission.
  • Guys I have wl520gu currently with OLEG 1.9.2.7-d-r3591 Firmware. My problem is wala pading Torrent downloader and I want to change the firmware to tomato shibby with torrent downloader. Anyone here can updrade/change my router to TOMATO firmware? I will pay. Please PM me how much. I live in QC. Thanks!
  • ^

Asus WL520GU R1 240 100 Mbps 4/16MB

flash memory is too small. for shibby firmware with usb support. k26 is pratically impossible to be used with usb support.

bili ka na lang ng bagong router.
  • flash memory is too small. for shibby firmware with usb support. k26 is pratically impossible to be used with usb support.

bili ka na lang ng bagong router.

Sir na flash ko na to Tomato Shibby k24 with USB support yung WL520GU yesterday lang. My problem is, under USB and NAS, walang torrent downloader. Di ko lang mahanap talaga yung right firmware na pwede sa wl520gu na may bittorrent. Can anyone suggest or help me the exact tomato firmware version ang pwede ko iinstall na may torrent downloader? kahit old version. Thank you so much.
  • ^as I said, wala,

you need at least k26 kernel to use optware or entware. But there a optware for k24 pero obosolete na.

pero try mo pa rin yung optware sa k24, malay natin kung umaandar pa yung repository sa k24.

or just use openwrt.

-- edited by polka on Oct 21 2014, 08:05 AM
  • buy a router that can holdbthe bigger rom...
    yours cannot
  • Guys! Question, ask ko lang if I use my Tenda N60 with Shibby FW, gagana kaya when combined with a multibay enclosures like mediasonic probox?
  • ^If your windows computer recognize it as mass storage device without any driver installation. Then gagana yan
  • ^as I said, wala,

you need at least k26 kernel to use optware or entware. But there a optware for k24 pero obosolete na.

pero try mo pa rin yung optware sa k24, malay natin kung umaandar pa yung repository sa k24.

or just use openwrt.

Thank you sir for the prompt response. Sir di ba add-on lang yang optware & entware sa firmware? Mukang mahihirapan kc ako mag install ng Optware kc zero knowledge ko sa linux :( Anyone here na meron kahit na old Tomato Firmware that has Torrent downloader for WL520GU? Pahingi nalang please! Or Kung sino man jan makakapag install sa router ko, babayaran ko nalang, basta taga QC, either at my house or yours. PLS PM ME. Thanks!

-- edited by DonP on Oct 23 2014, 01:29 AM
  • none, I researched hard enough that if you want a torrent client working on that router, you need to install optware.

that router is just too outdated, and flash memory is too small.

bili ka na lang bago, kung nagtitipid ka, a Asus N10u/N10u-B will suffice.
  • How about this Banana PI BPI-R1 Open-source router?

External Image

<click here for link>
  • Ok na sana kaso yung wifi dapat atleest interchangable katulad ng gamit ko na alix board that can run all x86 based open source router os out there. I can even tranform my alix board into a freenas which can do many things and of them is to download torrents.

In short for the price. Pangit sya gamitin as open source router because it uses arm processor. Not even a openwrt or ddwrt supports it and i even doubt they will even add support for this architecture with available router os out there .
  • It will be ARM not MIPS as the future CPU for routers. Examples are ASUS RT-AC68U, RT-AC56U, and Netgear R7000. OpenWRT is actively working on ARM support. DDWRT unless it adds support for ARM will soon wither and die with no new devices coming.
  • Sure. Sabihin mo yan sa developer. Lets see what they say.

Pero generic lang naman sasabihin nila. Si shibby sasabihin lang nyan. Hindi yan broadcom arm kaya no not supported.

Hindi porket arm processor ok na. Meron mga arm chipset that is specially designed for networkin just like the models you stated. And that board uses a6 dual core processor. According sa soc documentation, designed sya sa mga tablet and other things and it missing features that is necessary for networking just like hardware nat features and other useful instruction sets that is designed for a networking.

Ang pinagkaiba lang nyan is wala syang lcd screen at capacitive touchscreen. At dinagdag lang ang switch (with switch controller by broadcom).
  • ^^^ I feel you feel threatened. Let's wait and see and not have a closed mind. Using the ARM chip opens the field to non-Shibby and non-DDWRT developers out there. There is plenty of competition at this level of CPU (1+GHz & 1+GB ram) power. I prefer to look beyond Shibby and DDWRT.
  • Meron po ba dito mga Dovado router users? Pa feedback naman po.

Ito po balak ko sanang bilhin para sa DSL namin.

Dovado Pro <click here for link>

Some of the features po

FEATURES
    Mobile broadband access in Routed/Bridged mode* (150 Mbps with 4G USB modem)
    Maximal uptime with SmartUSBTM and Connection TrackerTM
    Supports many different USB modems for mobile broadband*
    USB modem/Ethernet WAN automatic fail-over as backup connection
    USB Modem Redundancy (fail-over to second USB Modem/Mobile Hotspot)
    NAS Media Storage (up to 180 Mbps)***
    Supports storage drives (NAS functionality) larger than 3TB
    Home Automation***
    GPS Tracking/Positioning***
    Android and iOS mobile app for Remote Control/Statistics
    WLAN Encryption and MAC address Filtering
    Port-Forwarding & Remote Management
    Dynamic DNS Services
    SMS Mailbox/Remote Control/Notifications**
    SMS->SMS & SMS->EMAIL Forwarding
    Live Firmware Upgrade (with SMS/E-Mail Notifications)
    PPTP-based VPN Client
    PPPoE (Ethernet WAN port)

-- edited by c26alfred on Nov 09 2014, 04:19 PM

Who's Online

831 active users within the last minute, 436 members, 395 guests.
Our newest member is lbpadama
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys