Forum Topic

Criminal Modus Operandi! Share your scam experiences!

• Charity Scam

WHO - Online Scammer, and online FB users
    WHAT - Fake plea for donations
    WHEN - sometime 2019 up to present
    WHERE - Online FB groups
    WHY - People are suckers for a sob story
    HOW - Scammer joins an FB group (usually a local community) and poses as a local resident. Soon after, the scammer will make a post asking for financial aid for some sad reason. It's usually a medical story (accident, renal failure, heart defect, etc.) complete with pictures stolen from other FB posts. In some cases, they will steal entire posts and just change the GCash or Maya number in order to funnel cash donations into their own pockets.

This scam really took off during the pandemic. People were cooped up in their homes and had all the time in the world to be glued to their screens. As such, so many fell prey to this.

Aftermath: People in our area have eventually wizened up and now take the time to verify such calls for financial aid. Some even go as far as asking for the address to verify if the person is indeed at the address they claim to be at.

Moral lesson: Always be skeptical. Especially with online calls for financial aid, you never know if the person on the other end is legit until you take the time to verify it. Some are actually legit - except for the account where to send the donations. So always be vigilant, and make sure your donation is received by the real person in need.
  • muntik nako mbiktima nyan. tinanong ko saan yung hospital and room kasi willing ako magbigay kaliwaan and at least visit the sick.

wala daw sa ncr yung kamaganak nya, pero yung pic na pinakita e PGH yung ward. little did the mofo knew i was a p.t. intern before dun so i know the lay out.

ayun iyak lang sya, siya pa nagalit kumag talaga hahahha let them rot in hell
  • wala daw sa ncr yung kamaganak nya, pero yung pic na pinakita e PGH yung ward. little did the mofo knew i was a p.t. intern before dun so i know the lay out.

whoa! it's like a pirate tried to hijack a battleship. i can imagine how that crazy clown having the turmoil lolz

BDO-NOTICE:

Account permanently locked due to suspicious Activity to unlock visit: bdoaccessonline.info immediately.

simula ng sim card registration, mukhang lumakas pa lalo mga scammers na ito.
    funny thing when you report to NTC, they will collect identifiables (full name, email, address, phone number ) ironically all these can be used for hacking. oh well.
  • WHO - NAIA Personnel (some)
    WHAT - Thievery
    WHEN - Ongoing 24/7
    WHERE - NAIA Terminal 1 / X-ray Counter Check areas
    WHY - really not sure why they are so brave to do these things in broad daylight. hunger? inflation? power trip?
    HOW - slight of hand, makati ang palad. when they screen your bags, make sure no money or valuables are there.
  • the past few years garapalan na talaga dyan sa Terminal 1 hahaha
  • Ingat sa Rider ng Food Panda Scam

If you order food from FoodPanda and pay using credit card, don't believe the rider when he calls and inform you that there is a problem with the payment sa side ng vendor. Sasabihin ni rider na i-cancel mo ang order or ipapa-cancel ni rider sa vendor at aabonohan na lang nya at bayaran mo na lang siya ng cash. Ang mangyayari ay makukuha mo ang food pero madodoble ang payment mo kasi hindi mo makukuha ang refund from FoodPanda. Ang reason ng vendor/Food Panda for disallowing the refund is dahil nagawa/naluto na ang order.

It happened to my daughter kaninang lunch time. I don't know kung paano nakukuha ng rider ang food from vendor kung cancelled na ang order. Siguro binobola nya ang vendor at hinihingi ang cancelled order. Ano ba dapat gawin para mahabol itong scammer? Kasi baka may ma scam pa siya na ibang tao kung hahayaan na lang.
  • Ano ba dapat gawin

for me, report sa CS ng FP. Then wait for action.

The most practical thing to do imho, is to uninstall the app na.
  • ^ Useless ang CS ng Food Panda. hindi nila kinoconsider na scam yung nangyari kundi a cancellation matter. May language barrier pa kasi Indian national ang kausap, parang call center ang CS ng Food Panda.
  • gtgonzales
    ^ Useless ang CS ng Food Panda. hindi nila kinoconsider na scam yung nangyari kundi a cancellation matter

i rather stop patronizing them then. like so;
    gr8guy
    The most practical thing to do imho, is to uninstall the app na.

. May language barrier pa kasi Indian national ang kausap, parang call center ang CS ng Food Panda.

hindi kaya kolkota based yan? LOL
  • WHO: Xian et. al Yexel
    What: Investment Scam
    Where: PH / Online
    How: Xian: 5k lapag, coaching 1:1 tayo pano yumaman, bayaran mo oras ko. Pag gusto mo lapag ng 100k, 5% balik in 2 months.
    Yexel, same din ata, not sure paano umabot ng 200M pesos, baka tinaasan ng investors.

Current: Flew and left the country to hide from PH law authorities.
  • Scam kaya? wala namang cel# lumabas:

UnionBank Alert:
    Your account was used as a payment method in PTOC4B for an amount of PHP 33,300. To cancel this payment, visit : shorten.is/UBOnline

https://ibb.co/S5cBNbt

^ link sa sample screenshot ng message

wala naman akong bank account sa UB. though naalala ko yung dati kong Pag Ibig loan account dyan sya, kaso di naman ako nag aaply pa

-- edited by gr8guy on Jan 08 2024, 11:12 PM