>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

CCNA wannabe's tutorials, examples and questions

• carrier with core boxes without vendor support and warranty? this is interesting =)

the manufacturer (Marconi) that built those ATM boxes has long been out of business. the SP hold on to those boxes for as long as they can, but eventually realized that a single nasty solar flare can take down the whole network.

but yes, going back to the point, mpls over atm core is very much possible.
    need to check though if the boxes to be used. will we replace the whole core or will we keep the legacy stuff etc.

the new network will be built side-by-side with the old network. the only part of the old network that will be present on the new network when all is said and done are the fibers/radios. Users will be migrated slowly and until everything is moved, the old network will be kept running. the end users made it clear that they can't and won't tolerate just even a single day of downtime

bottomline, this goes down to the capability of our boxes and the skill and knowledge of the design & implementation guys

the boxes are carrier grade, top-of-the-line routers. I've tested the majority of the requirements so i'm fairly confident these routers can deliver. the physical layout is nailed down too, after all, we are using existing fibers.

my biggest worries are the OAM guys. they are well versed with ATM but IP/MPLS is a whole new level for them. i'm building this network to support all the requirements but that also means it is going to be a little complicated than a regular flat IP network

Grabe lalalim nyo na mga master alam ko CCNA thread lang po to hindi CCNP, CCIE. =D

do you really just want to limit your horizon to CCNA?
  • do you really just want to limit your horizon to CCNA?

why are you making always assumptions? are you really on a management team? LOL

do you know how to read sir?

CCNA wannabe's tutorials, examples and questions

Do you think wannabe's and aspiring ccnayers will be able to swallow the question you just dropped?

CCNA is for entry level just to remind you, this thread isn't about you showcasing what you've learned for around 10-20 years in the field

-- edited by astigshadow on Mar 24 2015, 09:33 PM
  • Gudevening!

Meralco Foundation CCNA...

ito ba ung 9k each ng traning ng ccna?

or 9k all in?

Tumatawag kasi ako wala naman nasagot...
  • the manufacturer (Marconi) that built those ATM boxes has long been out of business. the SP hold on to those boxes for as long as they can, but eventually realized that a single nasty solar flare can take down the whole network.

im surprised this "carrier" is still in business. the owners must have made a lot of money since they kept it in their pockets instead of ensuring that their existing hardware is reliable. i have been with quite a few ones and every single one of them follows hardware lifecycle process. it doesnt matter if atm tech is old or not, what's needed is to be able to meet agreed service levels.

the end users made it clear that they can't and won't tolerate just even a single day of downtime

end clients have no choice. in the end, maintenance activities will happen and even if they dont want to, it will still happen. that's the reality of network management. heck, even replacing an old modem on client site will require a downtime for that specific link.

again, it boils down to agreed service levels.
    given the way the carrier operates it's business (working with obsolete boxes with no support available) and end clients "dreams" (who doesn't want to shell a dime for an upgrade but still demands 100% circuit uptime), this is a match made in heaven. im pretty sure there are no set SLAs in the service contract so the client can complain all they want, core migration will happen.

it's the scheduling and planning of the migration that's important to ensure minimal amount of risk and impact.

my biggest worries are the OAM guys. they are well versed with ATM but IP/MPLS is a whole new level for them. i'm building this network to support all the requirements but that also means it is going to be a little complicated than a regular flat IP network

as mentioned before, success of the migration depends on the boxes and the people who will perform the migration.

@ astigshadow,

kalma bro =) medyo beyond ccna level na nga ang discussion. ito na lang kasi ang active na thread dito sa forum for engrs working in enterprise level networks kaya minsan nagiging mahaba haba ang usapan.

@ Classmets28

iirc, that's per course. so 9k x 4 for the entire series.

• im surprised this "carrier" is still in business. the owners must have made a lot of money since they kept it in their pockets instead of ensuring that their existing hardware is reliable. i have been with quite a few ones and every single one of them follows hardware lifecycle process. it doesnt matter if atm tech is old or not, what's needed is to be able to meet agreed service levels.

although they are what you normally call "carrier", they don't operate on the "profit business". I called them service provider in the sense that they operate a transport network to service users. my customer (the service provider) provides transport services for the military. lots of people do not realize that all bases (army/air force/navy) operate their own transport network to provide connectivity between users in and out of the base. in my case, in my rough estimate, the base covers approximately 100,000 sq kms (thats around 300km x 300km to visualize what i'm trying to say). that's why you see radios in my network-to-network interfaces because some locations are just very far and remote.

end clients have no choice. in the end, maintenance activities will happen and even if they dont want to, it will still happen. that's the reality of network management. heck, even replacing an old modem on client site will require a downtime for that specific link

now that you have a better idea of the end users, you'll understand why downtime is unacceptable. they might be able to tolerate some as long as it's scheduled well in advance and of very little impact with their mission. that's also the main reason why they stuck with ATM for a very long time, it has been very reliable for them, and the most stringent requirement they have (traffic latency) is serviced well by ATM

why are you making always assumptions? are you really on a management team? LOL

modesty aside, my pay grade is above "the management team". in my world, "the management team" takes care of scheduling, inventory, equipment order, etc, I call it the "project management role". They don't do much engineering work so i'd rather not be in "the management team".

CCNA is for entry level just to remind you, this thread isn't about you showcasing what you've learned for around 10-20 years in the field

so the guy that supposedly hate assumption made an assumption. again, modesty aside, i'm only on this business for the last 4 years, and I only have CCENT 1 (of 2, apparently).

Do you think wannabe's and aspiring ccnayers will be able to swallow the question you just dropped?

if they are motivated enough to know what's in the real world, why not. why limit yourself to what a book or review material says. those will only help you answer a couple of multiple questions, but not necessarily troubleshoot an actual network. stick around, you might learn enough to not "escalate" the next time you encounter a real network problem and actually participate in the process
  • Guys, iwasan nalang natin ung magpatalinuhan at magyabangan. magtulungan nalang tayo at share nalang ng knowledge. wag na mga sarcastic na tanong o statement para lang mapatunayan na may alam. wala naman award kung sinu pinakamatalino at pinakamagaling dito eh.
  • ^ exactly

Nagtanong ako sa inyo na alam kong halos lahat ng nasa entry level "classroom" ay hindi alam. Tapos sasagutin ko din

ano tingin nyo sakin?

kasi ang tingin ko dun "mayabang lang or makapagyabang lang"

We don't even question your salary grade. What's wrong with you? kulang kaba sa pansin sa company or sa peers mo at dito mo dinadala yan LOL

We know that CCNA itself woudn't suffice in real world, you need atleast to have CCNP or hands-on exp.

I would rather be in the techinical side too than the management.

if they are motivated enough to know what's in the real world, why not. why limit yourself to what a book or review material says.

We are, but if you really want to help just stop boasting here at tumulong nalang. Ang nangyayari dito eh pataasan ng ihi.

Yung question ni sir Erwinsky eh pang CCNA yun. Tapos nagtataka ka sa tanong mo walang sumasagot dito, nung sinagot kana ni sir smooth ikaw narin sumasagot sa tanong mo LOL.

Advice ko lang sayo sir, matutong magbasa
    I posted this on the CCIE topic months ago pero walang sumasagot

Iba po ang CCNA at CCIE sa letters at sa level ng complexity just to remind you again.
  • Question about VTP,

Advisable pa ba to gamitin? Ginagamit niyo din ba to sa network niyo?

About sa VTP domain. kung ang switch ay may ibang domain name pero mas mataas revision number niya, ma-ooverwrite ba niya ung ibang VLAN database ng ibang switches?
  • 1. No, it may ruin your network
    2. No
    3. No, they're not on the same VTP domain

Who's Online

592 active users within the last minute, 327 members, 265 guests.
Our newest member is kennethrueda
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys