>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

CCNA wannabe's tutorials, examples and questions

• @ Pofi,

see my responses above re: building your own lab with physical hardware.

imho, the only time that having a physical lab is better is when you don't pay for it.
    and even if you get one for free, it still needs to be accessible anywhere since you cant bring the hardware with you.
    which means your pod should have good internet connection and your pc/laptop should have good connection as well.

a lot of the virtual ones are free and all you need is an i5 with 8G ram.
    the main benefit of having a virtual lab is that it's mobile.
    meaning you can bring it along with you in a laptop and doesnt internet connection.

i myself am studying for an exam a month from now and i built pods on WEBIOU
    this means i can still lab while on trips and instead of watching movies during an 8 hr flight, i get to lab some more

selling the gear is a con since the value will be way lower compare to when you first bought them
    and it's a bit hard to sell stuff locally

again, if you have money to spend for a physical pod, it would be better to spend that money on exams instead
    there's a lot of materials available, from books to videos to practice labs, that you can get, most of which are waaaay better compared to having an instructor

only con is that no one will be physically available to answer your query should you have one.
  • Thanks for the input sir.

Pero cheapest option ko pa din ung homelab. Tried running GNS3 sa laptop ko pero medyo may kabagalan kahit na set na IdlePC ko.. APU na entry level lang kasi CPU ng laptop ko. Anyway thanks for the input sir.. I'm almost decided maghome lab na lang ako.
  • try iou.. if you have budget try "VIRL"
  • Ntry ko na din sir. Switching lang nman ang ang sinisimulate ng IOU diba? Correct me if I'm wrong. Pinagana ko lang kasi sila pero hindi ako nagtry gumawa ng topology dahil mainit na sia 3 router pa lang nakabukas..
  • @Pofi_20
    pede ka din naman mag GNS3.
  • @Pofi,

actually, mas limited ang switching functions na available sa IOU.
    Most routing functions are available though so malaking tipid instead of buying actual hardware.

may switching functions din naman na available.
    check out the documents available online to know more =)

-- edited by smoothmooovz on Aug 17 2015, 05:39 PM
  • pwede magtanong? sana may sumagot ano ba pagkakaiba ng rip , ospf , eigrp? at kelan sila gagamitin? thanks
  • Salamat sa mga nagadvise mag GNS3.. At first, hesitant ako maginstall dahil kaka upgrade ko pa lang ng Windows 10. Buti na lang triny ko pa din. Mukhang ito na lang muna gagamitin ko for my review. Medyo natrauma kasi ako sa IOU and daming settings na kailangan iset at kailangan pang maginstall ng VMware.. I'm just using a regular image at mukhang ok naman.. Ewan ko lang pero parang mas ok sia ngayon compared nung naka Windows 8 ako.. Nagisip tuloy ako kung na iset ko nga ba talaga ung IdlePC value.
  • baka may interesado sa cisco switch jan 3550
  • anong isasagot niyo kung sakaling itanong sa inyo ng interviewer? bakit networking ang gusto mo? ano bang meron sa networking?
  • kung walang networking, walang internet.
  • tama nga naman haha, ano pa kaya?
  • ^okay you're hired. lol
  • Baka ibang klaseng networking yang tinatanong nya? Yan ba yung ez money? ahhahaha
  • hahahaha! hindi yun pre. any definition of network?
  • @pofi

^Baka gusto mo ampunin cisco switch ko

-- edited by palevelmode on Sep 01 2015, 11:40 AM
  • any definition of network?

Who's Online

695 active users within the last minute, 379 members, 316 guests.
Our newest member is diannemay11
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys