>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

CCNA wannabe's tutorials, examples and questions

• glad to help bro.

re: routing protocols, like what i mentioned, try to read books from different publishers and try to watch videos from different vendors. when i did my ccna almost a decade ago, i found cbt nuggets very easy to digest unlike trainsignal which i found very boring.

but that's just me. perhaps other vendors work for you instead.
  • @palevelmode naghahanap din po ako ng switch na layer 3 although hindi pa ko mag ccna pero gusto ko sana ung bibilhin ko magagamit ko hanggang ccnp
  • I have l3 switch spares just pm for those who are interested
  • ako gusto ko sana magbuo ng lab unti unti para atleast may handson experience tlga habang nagrereview ..mejo madami lang tlga dapat aralin
  • cno po may kilala nagbebenta ccna exam vouchers
  • @ianolrayt,
    hindi mo na magagamit yung mga vouchers na hindi talaga sayo ngayon. Kasi pag nagpapa-schedule ka ng exam ngayon, hinihingi na rin pati yung Cisco academy student ID plus yung voucher number na nakuha mo using your academy account.. So, if may voucher ka pero hindi ka academy student, hindi mo rin magagamit sayang lang.
  • buti sinabi mo sir thanks !
  • for those who wanted to have handson practice, you may try IOU and then get the pre built labs for a specific workbook.

sample is INE. workbook and topology are easy to get. you then spend more time on actual study and practice.

one can spend on actual hardware but it will not be practical since you need to be at home or wherever the rack is. yes you can access it remotely but you need to have internet connection if you're on the move.

IOU on the other hand is easily installed in one's laptop and no internet is required.

lastly, if the hardware in the exam changes, you need to change hardware as well to simulate the environment. this will require spending additional money plus the headache of disposing your old kit.

in IOU, such problems doesn't exist. all you need is to get the new topology and keep on studying.
  • Sir anong IOU gamit mo para mapagana hsrp and glbp? Yung problem kasi dun sa iou di ma ping yung virtual or standby ip address. Isa pang di ko mapagana is private vlans.
  • @ xaeron,

have a read on this page to see which features are not supported by iou:

http://www.routereflector.com/cisco/cisco-iou-web-interface/features-not-supported/

imho, these are mostly impacting switching track. routing tracks are less impacted.
    are you using a lab from a vendor? or are you trying to create your own topology?
  • @ Smooth

Thanks for the links sir, ill check it later. Im trying to re-create CBT Nuggets switching labs and noticed that some switching features are not available.

Here are the list of the IOU i currently have.

External Image
  • @ xaeron,

i believe those are IOS images and not the actual IOU.
    IOU is the one that you load on a VMPlayer.

You then load/import pre built labs into IOU,
    The extension of these labs are .gz
  • IOU sya sir, Yan yung ni load2x sa GNS3 VM na kaya na mag support ng IOU. The one you are referring is the IOS On Unix which routereflector.com is using. Mas familiar kasi ako using GNS3 since supported na din nila yung IOU, mas flexible kasi you can implement and test your own network design.

-- edited by Xaer0n on May 20 2015, 06:14 PM
  • understood.

diff terminologies lang but we're referring to the same thing.

im referring to the actual topology that can be loaded and the file extension is .gz.
    didnt use the GNS version so pwedeng same lang din yung tawag nila :)

back to the topic, ito yung isang disadvantage ng virtual boxes, may mga features lalo na sa switching na hindi gumagana.

so the suggestion is to just rent online racks for study.
    at least mas tipid pa rin instead of buying actual hardware.

i tried to build my own rack before for ccie lab but my studies got derailed.
    ngayon may mga 4 or 5 pa ata akong 3640 na nakatambak sa bahay
    di ko na nga alam kung mag bo boot pa e hehe
  • back to the topic, ito yung isang disadvantage ng virtual boxes, may mga features lalo na sa switching na hindi gumagana.

That's the disadvantage... IOU is not as full develop as GNS3. In future maybe, even GNS3 promised support on switching.

so the suggestion is to just rent online racks for study.

parang ganito lang din pag nag rent ka >
    yes you can access it remotely but you need to have internet connection if you're on the move.
  • correct but you're only limited to a net requirement WHEN you're doing switching stuff that's not available in IOU.
    if GNS has more switching commands available, then use it by all means.

my only point is that i'd rather rent out online racks to practice on the technologies not available in IOU and then get the full benefit of having a virtual lab that's cheap and easy to use.

parang ganito lang din pag nag rent ka >

yes you can access it remotely but you need to have internet connection if you're on the move.

yes, internet connection is required ONLY for the time that you're renting racks online.
    why are you renting rack in the first place? because the technology is no available on your own virtual lab
    NOT all tech, just the ones not available

which means after you're done with the switching part, you get to enjoy the benefits of having a virtual lab

compare this to the cost of having actual hardware. boxes are not cheap and so is the electric bill.
    plus, you can't even be mobile

i am opening up these options for those who are planning to build their own racks
    wouldn't it be better to spend our hard earned money on the exam itself since there are cheaper options available :)
  • Just got CCNA certified. Any ideas on which companies I should apply for? The thing is, I don't have an IT degree. Barely passed the CCNA exam, but proud that I didn't use dumps (was very tempted though). So maybe a company that would accept fresh grads and would still offer training?

So far, planning to apply for the ff:

Fujitsu
    Trends and Technologies
    Netpoleon
    Nesic Philippines

Could you guys recommend other companies? Thanks!

-- edited by yurei on May 27 2015, 02:54 AM
  • ^
    Mag vendor exp ka muna sir. But prepare to lose your social life since most of the time your on-call 24/7 and be assigned on different locations and clients.
    Experience wise sobrang dami matutunan mo from cabling, IOS upgrade to high level configurations and specialty technology skills like focus on voice, wireless, security.

Most vendor company free ang pag take certification exam. training lang ang bonded.
  • @ yurei,

fresh grad ka ba?
    if so, try to apply at firms na may grad programme like macquarie, p&g etc
    high pay and let's you immerse in different infrastructure teams, not only networks

kung career shifter naman and you have really set your eyes in networking, vendors are alright but the pay is crap
    if you're ok with it since there's a good opportunity to learn, then go for it
    lipat na lang later pag may proper experience na

if you opted to work for a vendor, make it clear from the beginning what proj/technology you want to be aligned with and check if they can accomodate it
    baka gusto mo data networks tech tapos ilagay ka naman sa voice projects which you may not want
    just be prepared and be clear with the hiring mgr right from the start

-- edited by smoothmooovz on May 27 2015, 11:55 AM
  • kung career shifter naman and you have really set your eyes in networking, vendors are alright but the pay is crap
    if you're ok with it since there's a good opportunity to learn, then go for it
    lipat na lang later pag may proper experience na

if you opted to work for a vendor, make it clear from the beginning what proj/technology you want to be aligned with and check if they can accomodate it
    baka gusto mo data networks tech tapos ilagay ka naman sa voice projects which you may not want
    just be prepared and be clear wight the hiring mgr right from the start

<click here for link>
    <click here for link>
  • @yurei

i am not trying to dissapoint you but..
    hindi patas dito sa pinas
    mas prefer ang educational background rather than skill set

-- edited by erwinsky on May 27 2015, 12:45 PM
  • Thank you for all the replies.

Career shifter po. But pretty much a newbie when it comes to IT and networking.

Yes, I'd prefer to work for a vendor first to gain exp. I've seen the JO of some of my friends and the pay is quite horrible... But I really want to learn more as what I've learned through self-study isn't enough. Iba pa rin kapag hands-on. I wouldn't mind doing nitty-gritty work if it means that I'll understand the tech better.

But yeah, having worked in a different industry for years, I understand that it really isn't fair here in the Philippines (educational background vs skills). But I'm willing to start back at the bottom if it means I'd be able to get a foot into the networking/IT industry.

Are there any other vendors that I might have not listed here yet? I'd like to apply to all of them to maximize my chances of landing a job ASAP.

-- edited by yurei on May 27 2015, 01:24 PM
  • @SpringCC

Nice try. But I've been here in TPC long enough to spot spam quickly ^^
  • ygpm yurei
  • pati ba naman tong thread natin napasok na ng mga pasaway.

hehe

@ yurei, try to search for cisco resellers in the PH using this link:
    https://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/performBasicSearch.do

note that these are for cisco boxes only.
    marami pang vendors dyan na ibang product naman ang dala like Juniper & Riverbeds.

sayang nawala na yung TAC sa Sykes, maganda pa namang stepping stone yun.
  • @Smooth

Thanks! Will go through the list.

Yup, just Cisco for me at the moment. Would like to get more experience first with Cisco products, unless my future employer will train me for Juniper, HP, etc. networking products.

-- edited by yurei on May 27 2015, 03:04 PM
  • pati thumbtacks nagbebenta :)

Who's Online

738 active users within the last minute, 407 members, 331 guests.
Our newest member is hilaryshana8
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys