>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

HTPC users thread: Tips, Tricks, and everything HTPC FAQ Page 1

• @boybastos11

Your HD 5450 has 80 shaders. It's really not for gaming.
    The 6450 has 160, while the R5 230 has 320.

Between the two, I suggest upgrading to the R5 230 because:
    1. has much better performance due to the higher shader count and newer GCN 1.1 GPU architecture.
    2. lower TDP (19w) than the 6450 (27w)
  • thank you sir awakeruze!

so just to confirm. malalaro ko yung mga racing games ng matino tino kesa sa 5450 ko at the same time I would not expect a higher electric bill? di nman ako hard core gamer. I just wanted to be able to play games na medyo ok ang FPS.
  • May alam kayo HTPC case na pang full-ATX? Meron si Fractal yung Node 605 kaso wala naman mabilhan dito...
  • sir awakeruze...

nag search ako sa google. sabi eh parehas lang daw ang shaders ng 6450 at R5230 na 160 daw. tama ba ito?
  • @boybastos11
    Crap, I made two mistakes.
    1. It appears that there's 2 different GPUs having the same Radeon R5 230 name.

One is a rebadged 6450, while there's a newer one based on the GCN architecture but only has 80 shaders.

2. I was looking at the R5 M230 (mobile GPU) <click here for link>

At this stage, your best bet is a Geforce GT 730 64-bit. Take note of "64-bit", because it denotes a newer GPU compared to the earlier 128-bit version. <click here for link>

As much as possible, get the GT 730 64-bit with GDDR5 video RAM, because the faster GDDR5 has a performance boost over one with DDR3 video RAM.
    This situation is similar to AMD APUs where having faster RAM (DDR3-1866 or 2133) will result in higher FPS compared to DDR-1333.

However, the GT 730 has a higher TDP (23-25 watts) so the electric bill might increase a bit when gaming for long hours, but for light tasks, it shouldn't be an issue.

-- edited by awakeruze on Nov 01 2014, 01:27 AM
  • @sir dm1179

currently naka 5450 ako.

is it worth the upgrade from my current vc to 6450 or R5 230?

ang bagal kasi talaga lalo na pag sa 32" HDTV ako nag lalaro.

ano pa ba ma sa-suggest mo? Thanks!

recommended upgrade is at least 3 tiers above your current video card.

HD5450 is same tier as Intel HD 3000.
    HD6450 and R5 230 belong to same tier.
    HD6450/R5 230 are 5 tiers above HD5450.
    HD6450/R5 230 are 1 tier above Intel HD 4000.

however, HD6450 and R5 230 are still HTPC video cards. i suggest getting at least, GT 730 128-bit GDDR5 or R7 240 for gaming.

GT 730 128-bit GDDR5 is 4 tiers above HD6450/R5 230.
    R7 240 is 5 tiers above HD6450/R5 230.

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart
    <click here for link>
  • Thanks to the both of you sir awakeruze and sir dm1179!
  • Sir follow up question po.
    should I get the 2G model or is the 1GB enough?

my displays are 1 32" 1080p FullHD TV and 22" LCD on extended displays.
  • ^it depends on what card you are buying.

1GB GDDR5 for R7 240 and below cards. 1080p gaming.
    2GB GDDR5 for higher video card models. higher than 1080p gaming.
  • Guys question. Im planning to build a htpc to hook up on my 3dtv. I understand that i need a bluray drive and powerdvd. Question ko lang is tatakbo ba ng maayos ang 3d with that setup?or kelangan ba ng "3d certified" na bluray drive or is it just software and powerdvd is enough?thanks po.
  • @markyrevilla
    While I haven't dabbled into 3D, many online guides state that 2X speed or faster Bluray drives are needed for 3D playback. This is because 3D video file sizes are much larger and need a higher read speed to be played back in real time.

The software handles the rest.
  • ^ thanks for the info sir. Much appreciated.
  • Mga sir. May denon bookshelf speakers ako at sony subwoofer sa bahay. Balak ko kumuha ng konzert av-602 receiver. Balak ko din bumili ng soundcard. Pwede po ba na ung soundcard ang magdecode pra sa setup ko? Thanks
  • ^yes, pwede.
  • Balak ko kumuha ng konzert av-602 receiver. Balak ko din bumili ng soundcard. Pwede po ba na ung soundcard ang magdecode pra sa setup ko?

Redundant, why have a soundcard when you'll have a receiver? Just connect from the hdmi port from htpc to receiver and all sounds will be processed/decoded by the receiver. And you might be lowering the quality of the signal - instead of digital to analog, magiging digital to analog to analog.

edit: looks like this 602 receiver is something like a karaoke device/amplifier of some sort and it's not the receiver that I'm thinking of (e.g. onkyo, yamaha, denon, etc).

-- edited by Davidx23 on Nov 11 2014, 11:35 AM
  • mga sir, may gumagamit ba dito ng raspberry pi as a htpc? kumusta naman po? may na-encounter ba kayong any issues?
  • Mga paps salamat sa mga suggestion. nakabili na ako ng R7 240 at ok na ang gaming experience ko. ok na sakin yung ganito. at hindi malakas sa kuryente. salamat ulit!
  • ^nice to hear that. enjoy.
  • @davidx23 wala kc za hdmi e. Ewan ko din kung may toslink xa.
  • ^Does it have to be the konzert 'receiver'? Why not a proper 'receiver' like some entry level onkyo or yamaha models. You can probably get at least 1/3 off from last year's model. Less cabling cost and easier to setup - gpu hdmi receiver hdmi tv and maybe arc.
  • question po mga sir, ano kaya problem ng rig ko? im playing nba 2k15 pero kapag nakakabit yung gaming laptop ko sa 32inch tv namin. after a few minutes magba-black ang screen and saying no hdmi signal. pero that is kapag gamit ko ay gamepad. kapag mouse and keyboard hindi naman po nangyayari. pano kaya solution nito? parang nagsleep ang tv namin? is it with the settings sa pagkabit nung hdmi sa tv?

kelangan po ba naka extend or duplicate yung settings ng monitor? tulong naman po
  • ^ may display ba ung screen ng laptop? baka naka display screen 1 ka (default ung laptop)
    options na pwede mo gawin:
    1. duplicate
    2. display screen 2

3. extend kung ung settings mo sa laro mo eh window mode lang.
  • @davidx23
    Yan lng kc available dito sa amin. Kung sa manila nman di ko din kc alam wat model is bang for the buck. Could uou suggest? Thanks
  • Looking for this item Denon AVR-X510BT 5.2
    Saan pa ba may available na stock?

TIA
  • tanong ko lang po, lam ko wrong thread ata pagtanungan to pero san pwede bumili ng power cord for psu na L-type? yung hindi straight? para sa mga psu na nasa loob ng case. parang ganito, yung naka plug sa likod ng psu

External Image

-- edited by bisitasion on Nov 26 2014, 04:52 PM
  • Sa Raon marami yan.. hehehe
  • ^ thank you sir, mga how much kaya tantsa nyo? any specific store sa raon? sa quiapo po yun diba? ano kelangan ko sabihin? L-type power cord?
  • question po, since i will be using my hdtv to connect my itx gaming rig. and thru hdmi the cable will be connected from my tv to the back of the gpu hdmi port. will the tv produce sounds such as games or music or whenever I watch movies? the sound should come from the tv or should I still need a separate speaker?

if yes, will it work to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio jack parang yung sa AUX to connect the green sound port of the mobo to my tv? will that work? thank you! sorry noob here!

Who's Online

913 active users within the last minute, 504 members, 409 guests.
Our newest member is athena2013
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys