>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

HTPC users thread: Tips, Tricks, and everything HTPC FAQ Page 1

• question po, since i will be using my hdtv to connect my itx gaming rig. and thru hdmi the cable will be connected from my tv to the back of the gpu hdmi port. will the tv produce sounds such as games or music or whenever I watch movies? the sound should come from the tv or should I still need a separate speaker?

if yes, will it work to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio jack parang yung sa AUX to connect the green sound port of the mobo to my tv? will that work? thank you! sorry noob here!

yup! set mo lang sound settings sa PC mo to HDMI Audio. no need for a 3.5mm jack. check mo rin kung capable ang HDMI port mo sa PC whether on board or VC.
  • Can anyone recommend a good mATX chassis na around 1 feet lang ang height (landscape/horizontal orientation)? Budget is around 3k, more or less. The cheaper the better. Pure air cooling so kahit medyo masikip.
  • Any budget build for HTPC around 10k?
  • ^ Kaya naman sir
  • Talaga sir? Pang movies lang?
  • ^ Oo Kaya Celeron + 2GB RAM
  • Any good board for Matx HTPC setup? Kelangan pabang magandang PSU at Ram?
  • Meron na bang PULSE-EIGHT HDMI CEC USB Adapter or FLIRC na available dito? Ayaw ko naman malaspag yung phone ko as remote.

OR DIY na HDMI CEC USB Adapater?

Mas cool kung yung remote ng TV ang gagamitin mo to control your HTPC.
  • mga sir ask ko lang kung okay na kayang gawing HTPC itong laptop na ito? It's an HP pavilion g4.

specs:

i3-2310m
    4gb ram
    radeon hd 6470m
    30gb ssd

Plano ko nalang is lagyan siya ng External hdd at dun nalang ilagay yung mga movies and other multimedia files. Magsstutter kaya yun if 1080p? TIA! :)
  • Any budget build for HTPC around 10k?

ito lagpas 10k nga lang pero depende parin kung saan bibilin yung parts baka makamura pa. imho

Cooler Master Mini 110 mini-ITX Case with PSU - 2750
    Asrock Q1900B, 4-Core Celeron J1900 - 3950
    4gb kingston sodimm ddr3 1600 - 2050
    1tb hd seagate - 2650
    slim optical drive (optional)

-- edited by JDG on Jan 30 2015, 07:37 PM
  • Bat kaya yung splash pro ko bigla na lang nagkaroon ng black box yung mga subtitles?
  • @gameguard025
    The i3 is generally fast enough by itself to decode 1080p video. Just find a media player applications that can use the i3's Quick Sync feature.
  • @awakeruze
    Di po ba magsstutter kahit sa external hard drive yung movies na sstream ko?
  • If it's USB 3.0, not likely.
  • Di po ba magsstutter kahit sa external hard drive yung movies na sstream ko?

saan mo stream ang movie? via LAN or Wi-Fi? that depends on the connection speed ng network mo at kung ilang devices ang sabay-sabay na nag-access.

kung sa PC ka lang naman manunuod at galing sa external HDD ang movie eh walang stutter yan kahit USB 2.0 pa.
  • Test: the GeForce GTX 960 is the best HTPC GPU of this moment <click here for link>

External Image

Our conclusion is simple. HDMI 2.0 on the GTX 960 works flawlessly, hardware-based H.265 decoding on the GTX 960 works flawlessly, power consumption is exceptionally low during video playback, and the graphics cards that we tested only require passive cooling during video playback. As a result, the GeForce GTX 960 currently is the only correct choice for building a future proof HTPC. Good thing there's plenty of Mini-ITX enclosures that can accommodate a GTX 960. And while the card has way too much 3D power for the modest HTPC, being able to potentially play a 3D game on your HTPC might be an advantage.
  • ^ sir, compatible ba yan sa amd a8-6600K? balak ko kasi lagyan ng gpu ung pc ko e. thanks
  • @mandarkcn
    It's compatible, though it's best to remove your Catalyst drivers before installing the card.
  • ah i see, aside from that, ano pa compatible?
  • @mandarkcn
    These days, motherboard vs. video card compatibility isn't much of an issue, as the PCIe standard has stabilized.
    In any case, you should check if your PSU is capable of supplying enough power to the GTX 960.
  • thanks for the input sir, medyo napapagiwanan na ako in terms of pc building. I believe I have a capable PSU, hopefully hindi sya pricey so I can buy it.
  • hopefully hindi sya pricey so I can buy it.

GTX 960? Prices start at around 10k. :O
  • hmm not bad kung around 10k, i think its worth buying, hopefully i can use that card for several years before i think of upgrading again hehehe
  • I think for dedicated HTPC use, its better to wait for more affordable videocards like GTX 950 and such to come out. The GTX 960 is a great videocard for gaming and home theater but if you are not going to play PC games on the HTPC (and only watch videos) then paying Php 9.5K just for the graphics card will be very painful to your wallet.

I'm sure there will be an update to the GTX 750 line of videocards with full H.265 support and probably models with passive cooling (fanless) and half-height form factor. Better to wait a bit longer for those videocards to come out.

For those looking for H.265/HEVC 4K movie playback, an alternative is the Minix Neo X8-H Plus or the Open Hour Chameleon Android TV Boxes. Both already support XBMC, comes with a remote, and can play Android games too.

NEO X8-H Plus - Android TV Box
    <click here for link>
    Youtube:<click here for link>

CloudMedia Open Hour Chameleon
    <click here for link>

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Feb 12 2015, 09:40 AM
  • I think for me the GTX960 is a good fit, I also want to play some good pc games since I kinda missed playing pc games.
  • the GeForce GTX 960 is a gaming video card so obviously it will be good for HTPC. heck, we can even say GTX Titan Z is the best HTPC GPU card.

why even get a GPU card kung purely HTPC use lang? pwede ka naman mag-integrated graphics.

my 2 HTPC setups are using Intel HD graphics only without any issue. the first uses Core i5-2500K with Intel HD 3000. the second uses Core i3-3225 with Intel HD 4000.
  • may pinaglumaan akong core2duo e8300,P43 board, 4gb ram, radeon 5450. bebenta ko sana siya, pero just for fun since walang akong hard drive i decided to create a live openELEC usb(4gb) thumb drive. so far I'm liking it kasi i've been using xbmc since the the old xbox days palang.
    parang ayaw ko na tuloy ibenta siya kasi i found a new purpose sa kanya. And its running flawlessly and just streaming movies wirelessly from my main computer.. btw i switched to chromecast using plexmedia server.. ngayon parang gusto ko na ulit mag xbmc.. :)

Who's Online

240 active users within the last minute, 136 members, 104 guests.
Our newest member is dejuanleo
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys