>

User Login

TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

HTPC users thread: Tips, Tricks, and everything HTPC FAQ Page 1

• @boybastos11

Your HD 5450 has 80 shaders. It's really not for gaming.
    The 6450 has 160, while the R5 230 has 320.

Between the two, I suggest upgrading to the R5 230 because:
    1. has much better performance due to the higher shader count and newer GCN 1.1 GPU architecture.
    2. lower TDP (19w) than the 6450 (27w)
  • thank you sir awakeruze!

so just to confirm. malalaro ko yung mga racing games ng matino tino kesa sa 5450 ko at the same time I would not expect a higher electric bill? di nman ako hard core gamer. I just wanted to be able to play games na medyo ok ang FPS.
  • May alam kayo HTPC case na pang full-ATX? Meron si Fractal yung Node 605 kaso wala naman mabilhan dito...
  • sir awakeruze...

nag search ako sa google. sabi eh parehas lang daw ang shaders ng 6450 at R5230 na 160 daw. tama ba ito?
  • @boybastos11
    Crap, I made two mistakes.
    1. It appears that there's 2 different GPUs having the same Radeon R5 230 name.

One is a rebadged 6450, while there's a newer one based on the GCN architecture but only has 80 shaders.

2. I was looking at the R5 M230 (mobile GPU) <click here for link>

At this stage, your best bet is a Geforce GT 730 64-bit. Take note of "64-bit", because it denotes a newer GPU compared to the earlier 128-bit version. <click here for link>

As much as possible, get the GT 730 64-bit with GDDR5 video RAM, because the faster GDDR5 has a performance boost over one with DDR3 video RAM.
    This situation is similar to AMD APUs where having faster RAM (DDR3-1866 or 2133) will result in higher FPS compared to DDR-1333.

However, the GT 730 has a higher TDP (23-25 watts) so the electric bill might increase a bit when gaming for long hours, but for light tasks, it shouldn't be an issue.

-- edited by awakeruze on Nov 01 2014, 01:27 AM

Who's Online

194 active users within the last minute, 90 members, 104 guests.
Our newest member is arvin012
Click here to see online members.

Browse Items

More »

Search TipidPC

New Want to Buys

Active Want to Buys