Forum Topic

Asus Eee PC ultraportable laptop

• mysteriously enough, i havnt seen anyone using it yet haha, tambak na lng ba sa bahay? :)
  • yan din pinagtatakahan ko...ako naman, medyo busy sa work kaya bihira makapag-surf sa labas / mall. usually, limited sa office lang yung exposure ng EEE ko. XD

sino na nakakita ng EEE ng iba? hahaha
  • I have seen a lot in Starbucks Dasma.
    Boy and Girl using the EEE as a reason to be very close to each other because the display is small... LoL!
  • me too. my gf\'s and colleague\'s eee. nung nakita nila gamit ko, ayun nagbilihan ang mga mokong :) para tuloy piso isa ang eee.. gusto ko nga pa paint ng ibang kulay para maiba dating ng sa akin. kaso ma void daw warranty pag pina pintura. i actually talked to someone already who can do it :) abang abang muna konti..

-- edited by boyong on Jan 21 2008, 11:15 PM
  • Sources at touch panel and related component makers have revealed that companies are currently having their products undergo sampling with Asustek Computer in bids to win orders for next-generation Eee PCs which are set to launch later this year.

The second-generation of Eee PCs will support panel sizes of 8-, 9- and 10-inch, the sources said, of which, the 9-inch panel versions will feature a touch panel.

The 9-inch touch panel-equipped Eee PCs will adopt four-wire resistive touch screen technology. The expected bill of materials (BOM) to add touch panel functions is under US$15

<click here for link>
  • ang sarap mag-DOTA sa eee pc! hehehe
  • fyi, for asus\' distributors, they are planning to package eeepc with their regular notebook, meaning if a distributor or reseller wants to buy an eeepc, they need to get a regular notebook as well.

Guess what that will do to the prices!
  • fyi, for asus\' distributors, they are planning to package eeepc with their regular notebook, meaning if a distributor or reseller wants to buy an eeepc, they need to get a regular notebook as well.

- that would be a very good argument with Asus International to allow us direct importation :-)
    No letter to that effect received from Asus to this time.

-- edited by COOLTOYZ on Jan 22 2008, 01:34 PM
  • EEE users, ive seen a couple at the robinsons galleria in ortigas, figaro and bo\'s coffee area.
  • @hbt25
    --------

sir ask ko lng po, nung nag install ka ng win xp using flash drive, is it like installing an win xp using cd? and did you copy the whole installer into the flash drive?

ilan gig ang kinonsume nya after installing win xp?

regards.
  • question sa mga nag-XP sa eee pc, would keeping the 800x480 resolution mean lampas lampas ung ibang windows sa screen? Or would windows adjust to the resolution... I\'ve read about squeezing the resolution but I don\'t believe it\'d look as good if the native reso was kept. any advise? (na delay ung final pay ko so I\'ve got 2 more weeks to decide... to buy or not to buy) :D

TIA
  • would keeping the 800x480 resolution mean lampas lampas ung ibang windows sa screen?

yups :) may mga window na ndi mo maclick yun buttons :( pero may app na moveme pede mo magamit yun
  • or just try tabbing and guess what button it is :)
    or alt and letter o for ok or alt and letter c or a ata for cancel haha its pure experimentation :)
  • yups :) may mga window na ndi mo maclick yun buttons :( pero may app na moveme pede mo magamit yun

------------------------------------

sir anong name ng application na yan?
  • yung windows na may hindi kang ma-click na buttons for windows OS lang or for the xandros OS also (and other *nux OSes)?
  • @clinton

I\'m interested in one, to test it out.
  • same resolution lang ba ung everex and eeepc? or native ang 800x600 sa everex?
  • u can just buy the sdhc cards for increase in eee slots, theres 16gb now...which regretably came too late as i bought the 8gb already...

but for me the main point is the eee\'s design...eee really already has a good design, except for the colors which men can never use aside from black and white...
  • ^hey bro count me in if ever you\'ll sell the everex, i wonder if it comes in a diff color though. the bigger storage matters a lot and i\'m no longer enthused with the eee, ang tagal ng 8G.
  • @clinton1675,
    Please share with us your experience if and ever you get the unit
    1. VIA C7®-M Processor ULV - Via Chipsets are know as battery hog and over heating.
    2. 30GB Hard Disk Drive - must be ATA which consumes more battery than SSD
    3. VIA UniChrome Pro IGP Graphics - Dual Display possible?
    4. 4-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery - Please advise battery life with the 4-cell and the Via Tandem
  • parang cons lahat :( except for the storage... coming from a laptop guru, must mean something :) i didnt mean to burst your bubble mga sirs :) proud and content owner of e3 :)

-- edited by boyong on Jan 23 2008, 11:11 PM

-- edited by boyong on Jan 23 2008, 11:12 PM
  • is it time to buy an ee or better wait for the next version?
  • any recommended transcend class6 8gb sdhc card reader?
  • is it time to buy an ee or better wait for the next version?

it\'s up to you. depends upon your needs/wants. is the next version worth the wait? would the present version sufficiently meet your use of it?
  • one more q about the everex... meron ba supplier dito? just in case may sira... do you have to ship it off to the u.s. to fix it? :(
  • Hi to all EEE users!

i\'ve been eyeing this unit and i just have a few questions:

A. To those who upgraded memory, what brand of memory did you purchase?
    TPC nick - BRAND - CAPACITY

B. Is there a significant increase in performance from 1gb vs 2gb memory even though there is not much processing power?

C. What SDHC did you purchase?
    TPC nick - BRAND - CAPACITY

D. Software must-haves that is installed in your umpc!
    TPC nick - Software name

E. Where is a great place to find accessories for this little piece of gadgetry?

-- edited by RUSH on Jan 24 2008, 09:29 PM
  • A. To those who upgraded memory, what brand of memory did you purchase?
    Transcend 2 GB

B. Is there a significant increase in performance from 1gb vs 2gb memory even though there is not much processing power?
    Not much

C. What SDHC did you purchase?
    Transcend 8GB Class6

D. Software must-haves that is installed in your umpc!
    Check my software list here: <click here for link>

E. Where is a great place to find accessories for this little piece of gadgetry?
    Depends...what accessories are you looking for?

160GB external HDD - 4500 @ PC Domain, SM Fairview
    slim external DVD combo drive - bundled with my EEE @ COOLTOYZ
    screen protector - 400 @ silie\'s IFS
    cheap optical mouse - 250 @ Compex yata...
  • what accessories do you want for your eee?

car charger soon to hit our shores..
    ano pa kaya?
  • @cr14mson
    anong resolution ng eee mo ngaun? and anong driver gamit mo? thanks.
  • official Intel drivers... stock 800x480 res. why? :)

naks... sabi na e, ma\'am silie for president!

for people who have LT\'s driver currently installed: can someone pls try virual dj <click here for link> on a 1024x768 resolution? basic, audio or mixer interface. please let me know or PM sir loudchild. Thanks! ;)