TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up
for an account now. It's absolutely free!
TipidPC Freeware Resources
Always check the license agreement if you consider using the application for anything than personal use.
If you find a freeware that is useful, please consider making a small donation to the developers to support the software's advancement. Kudos to the people who made these greats apps available free for use.
Privacy / Security / Anti : Virus / Spyware / malware / Rootkits
- AVG Anti-Virus (Anti-Virus)
AVG Anti-Virus Free is a free anti-virus protection tool developed by GRISOFT for home use. We invite you to join the millions of satisfied customers worldwide who have downloaded the software and now enjoy the benefits of AVG Anti-Virus Free.
What you get with AVG Anti-Virus Free
- Easy to use
- Regular and automatic virus database updates
- Realtime protection of files and e-mails
- Scheduled and manual testing
- Windows and Linux
- And most of all ... great customer satisfaction!
- Spybot - Search & Destroy (Anti-Spyware / Malware | Shared by pbatacan)
Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
- Ad-Aware Personal (Anti-Spyware / Malware)
Ad-Aware Personal provides advanced protection from known data-mining, aggressive advertising, Trojans, dialers, malware, browser hijackers, and tracking components. This software is downloadable free of charge.
- Scans fixed and removable drives, memory and Windows registry
- Detects known and unknown variants of malware by using the Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology
- Removes aggressive spyware and malicious content
- Takes advantage of a fully featured quarantine support
- Logs information about scans and malicious content removals
- Users of Ad-Aware Personal can efficiently remove behavior-tracking spyware; thus protecting your privacy on the Internet
- Enhances your computer's performance by protecting against bandwidth stealing programs
- Provides greater computer security by removing keyloggers and other programs, which put passwords, credit card numbers, and other vulnerable data at risk online
- Allows you to stay abreast of spyware, not just a step behind, thanks to the Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology
- RootkitRevealer (Rootkit Finder)
RootkitRevealer is an advanced rootkit detection utility. It runs on Windows NT 4 and higher and its output lists Registry and file system API discrepancies that may indicate the presence of a user-mode or kernel-mode rootkit. RootkitRevealer successfully detects all persistent rootkits published at www.rootkit.com, including AFX, Vanquish and HackerDefender (note: RootkitRevealer is not intended to detect rootkits like Fu that don't attempt to hide their files or registry keys). If you use it to identify the presence of a rootkit please let us know!
The reason that there is no longer a command-line version is that malware authors have started targetting RootkitRevealer's scan by using its executable name. We've therefore updated RootkitRevealer to execute its scan from a randomly named copy of itself that runs as a Windows service. This type of execution is not conducive to a command-line interface. Note that you can use command-line options to execute an automatic scan with results logged to a file, which is the equivalent of the command-line version's behavior.
- Zone Alarm (Firewall / Security)
ZoneAlarm is free for individual and not-for-profit charitable entity use (excluding governmental entities and educational institutions). Stops hackers from getting into your PC.
- Easy-to-use firewall blocks hackers and other unknown threats
- Systematically identifies hackers and blocks access attempts
- Automatically makes your computer invisible to anyone on the Internet
- Darik's Boot and Nuke (Security | Shared by nimrod23)
Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot floppy that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.
DBAN is a means of ensuring due diligence in computer recycling, a way of preventing identity theft if you want to sell a computer, and a good way to totally clean a Microsoft Windows installation of viruses and spyware. DBAN prevents or thoroughly hinders all known techniques of hard disk forensic analysis.
- Belarc Advisor (System Audit | Shared by batang_ecstacy)
The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.
- Avast! (Anti-Virus | Shared by empwebs)
avast! Home Edition is now free of charge for Home users for Non-Commercial use. You can find more information here. If you are not a home user, or you use your computer for profit, the avast! Home Edition is not licensed for such use, and you are asked to use the commercial version - avast! Professional Edition.
- Comodo Firewall (Firewall)
Unfortunately, most firewalls leak. But Comodo's Firewall is unique in that it passes all known leak tests to ensure the integrity of data entering and exiting your system. Comodo has put our firewall through all kinds of sophisticated tests to ensure our firewall is powerful enough to ward off these attacks with default settings. No other firewall has had to work this hard.
- Novatix Cyberhawk (Threat Hunter | Shared by chohakkai22)
What do you need when your traditional antivirus protection misses a virus, worm or spyware? You need Cyberhawk to keep you infection-free. Cyberhawk uses behavioral analysis to detect malicious activity. Cyberhawk's ActiveDefense technology intelligently analyzes the behavior of processes & programs on a system and immediately halts any malicious action. It recognizes threats immediately & accurately, and shuts them down so they can't harm your system or compromise your privacy. Even the threats your traditional, signature-based antivirus & anti-spyware can't catch. Cyberhawk is completely effective out of the box. No difficult configuration, setup or maintenance is ever required.
- Spyware Terminator (Spyware & Adware real-time protection | Shared by gtgonzales)
Free 100% Real-Time Protection is included in Spyware Terminator basic versio - an essential function most other applications charge you extra for. Effectively remove spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, home page hijackers and other malware threats.
- SUPERAntispyware (Spyware & Adware real-time protection | Shared by gtgonzales)
SUPERAntiSpyware is the most thorough scanner on the market. Our Multi-Dimensional Scanning and Process Interrogation Technology will detect spyware that other products miss! SUPERAntiSpyware will remove ALL the Spyware, NOT just the easy ones!
- A-Squared Free 2.0 (Anti-Malware | Shared by gtgonzales)
The aim of a-squared Free is to free your PC from Malware in an emergency. In addition to Spyware/Adware, this also includes Trojans, Backdoors, Keyloggers, Worms and Dialers. With over 440,000 Malware signatures and daily updates, it is one of the most powerful free Malware scanners available.
We will update this page from time to time, if you want to share a Freeware to the Community? Send the details Here