TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up
for an account now. It's absolutely free!
TipidPC Freeware Resources
Always check the license agreement if you consider using the application for anything than personal use.
If you find a freeware that is useful, please consider making a small donation to the developers to support it's advancement. Kudos to the people who made these greats apps available free for use.
File Management / Backup / Recovery
- DriveImage XML (Imaging and Back-up tool)
DriveImage XML is an easy to use and reliable program for imaging and backing up partitions and logical drives.
The program allows you to:
- Backup logical drives and partitions to image files
- Browse these images, view and extract files
- Restore these images to the same or a different drive
- Copy directly from drive to drive
- Schedule automatic backups with your Task Scheduler
Image creation uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Services (VSS), allowing you to create safe "hot images" even from drives currently in use.
Images are stored in XML files, allowing you to process them with 3rd party tools. Never again be stuck with a useless backup!
- Gmail Drive (Virtual Drive)
GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google Gmail account, allowing you to use Gmail as a storage medium. GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google Gmail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your Gmail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to.
Please note that GMail Drive is still an experimental tool. There's still a number of limitations of the file-system (such as total filename size must be less than 65 characters). Since the tool hooks up with the free Gmail Service provided by Google, changes in the Gmail system may break the tool's ability to function.
- PC Inspector™ Smart Recovery (Image Recovery tool | Shared by pbatacan)
PC INSPECTOR smart recovery is child's play. Once you have started the program, select the appropriate card reader and start the recovery. PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery rapidly recovers all your pictures and saves them in a directory that you have selected for the purpose. In the process the data carrier to be repaired is only read!
- 7-Zip (File Archiver, Alternative to WinZip)
7-Zip is an open source file archiver with the high compression ratio predominantly for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It operates either as a command line program or with a graphical user interface. It also features integration with the Windows shell environment.
The main features of 7-Zip:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- 7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
- Supported formats: (Packing / unpacking) : 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR | (Unpacking only) : RAR, CAB, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM and DEB
- For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- HJSplit (File Archiver / Splitter | Shared by hack_1018)
Very nice looking freeware file splitter. It splits files of any type and size. Does not need to be installed. Just click on hjsplit.exe and the program starts. This program can even handle files which are larger than 10Gb!
- Restoration (File undelete utility | Shared by arz_)
Restoration is an easy to use and straight forward tool to undelete files that were removed from the recycle bin or directly deleted from within Windows, and we were also able to recover photos from a Flash card that had been formatted. Upon start, you can scan for all files that may be recovered and also limit the results by entering a search term or extension. In addition, it also provides the option to wipe the found files beyond simple recovery. The program is small and standalone, it does not require installation and can also run from a Floppy disk. Restoration works with FAT and NTFS as well as digital cameras cards.
- SyncBack Freeware (File Backup and Synchronize utility | Shared by empwebs)
SyncBack is our multi-award winning freeware program that helps you easily backup and synchronise your files to: the same drive; a different drive or medium (CDRW, CompactFlash, etc); an FTP server; a Network; or a Zip archive.
- Undelete Plus (File Recovery Utility)
Undelete Plus is a quick and effective way to retrieve accidentally deleted files, files removed from the Recycle Bin, in a DOS window, from a network drive, from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down.
We will update this page from time to time, if you want to share a Freeware to the Community? Send the details Here