TipidPC.com is the largest online IT Community in the Philippines. Have something to sell or share? Sign up
for an account now. It's absolutely free!
TipidPC Freeware Resources
Always check the license agreement if you consider using the application for anything than personal use.
If you find a freeware that is useful, please consider making a small donation to the developers to support it's advancement. Kudos to the people who made these greats apps available free for use.
Diagnostic, Benchmarking, and Overclocking tools
- Core Temp v0.9.0.91 (Diagnostic Tool | Shared by pbatacan)
Is a new program that lets you monitor Intel's "Core", "Core 2" and all AMD K8 chips' die temperature. The temperature readings are very accurate as the data is collected from a Digital Thermal Sensor (or DTS) which is located in each individual processing core, near the hottest part.
- CPU-Z (Diagnostic Tool | Shared by notinthisworld)
CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system such as CPU, Mainboard, Memory and a lot more.
- Ultimate Boot CD (Repair and Diagnostic Tool | Shared by smk2708)
Probably all the diagnostic tools you'll ever need is on this one CD. Has partition tools, memory tools (such as Memtest86), boot managers, and mosty likely every kind of hardware diagnostic around.
- ATITool (Overclocking utility | Shared by pbatacan)
ATITool is an overclocking utility designed for ATI video cards.
Design target is to write a light-weight application for the enthusiast.
- No limits overclocking.
- Finding maximum core and memory overclock by rendering into a Direct3D window and scanning the output for visual artifacts.
- Temperature monitoring and fan speed control (on supported cards)
- Removal of Catalyst overclocking lock for 9000/9200/9550/9600 series.
- Artifact scanning mode for non-ATI cards - use together with a 3rd party overclocking utility.
- Loading a predefined clock profile on Application/Windows startup.
- Hotkeys that can be used any time to load clocks from a profile.
- 3D application detection (Direct3D 8, Direct3D 9, OpenGL) to overclock your video card only when required.
- Gamma control
ATITool will only work on Windows 2000/XP/2003 (64 bit versions are supported).
- AIDA32 (Diagnotic and Benchmarking tool | Shared by 0613)
AIDA32 is a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking program running on Win32 platforms. It extracts details of all components of the PC. It can display information on the screen, print it, or save it to file in various formats like HTML, CSV or XML. For corporate users, AIDA32 offers command-line switches, network audit and audit statistics, remote system information and network management.
- Speedfan (Validation and Monitoring Tool | Shared by pbatacan)
SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info for those hard disks that support this feature and show hard disk temperatures too, if supported. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). At the lowest level, SpeedFan is an hardware monitor software that can access digital temperature sensors, but its main feature is that it can change fan speeds (depending on the capabilities of your sensor chip and your hardware) according to the temperatures inside your pc, thus reducing noise.
- Dead Pixel Tester (Validation and Monitoring Tool)
Dead PixDead Pixel LCD Test Check Examine Look Fix Stuck Pixelel Tester NEW VER 2.20 - TFT screens have thousands of pixels, on a 1024x768 monitor, there are three cells for each pixel - one each for red, green, and blue - which amounts to nearly 2.4 million cells (1024x768x 3 = 2,359,296). There's only a slim chance that all of these will be perfect; more likely, some will be stuck on (creating a "bright" defect) or dead (resulting in a "dark" defect). DPT was written to help me check my own screens (Couldn't find one that worked across multiple desktops so had to write my own!) by cycling through the three primary colours used (red,green,blue) and all on (white) and all off (black).
- Fresh Diagnose (Diagnotic Tool | Shared by jcmarfilph)
Fresh Diagnose is a utility designed to analyze and benchmark your computer system. It can analyze and benchmark many kinds of hardware, such as CPU performance, hard disk performance, video system information, mainboard / motherboard information, and much more
- HD Tach (Hard Drive Diagnotic Tool | Shared by jopat)
HD Tach will test the sequential read, random access and interface burst speeds of your attached storage device (hard drive, flash drive, removable drive, etc). All drive technologies such as SCSI, IDE/ATA, 1394, USB, SATA and RAID are supported. Test results from HD Tach can be used to confirm manufacturer specs, analyze your system for proper performance, and compare your performance with others. HD Tach is very easy to use, quick, and presents data in easy to read graphs, including the ability to compare two storage devices on screen at the same time for easy analysis.
- QuickGamma (visual) (Gamma Calibrating Tool | Shared by stsagun)
Eberhard Werle of Laatzen, Germany (near Hannover) has written a excellent gamma calibration utility called QuickGamma 2.0 that runs on all versions of Windows starting with 98. Free, small yet very helpful tool in calibrating monitors both CRT and LCD.
- Windows Memory Diagnostic (Diagnotic Tool | Shared by blitzkrieg7227)
The Windows Memory Diagnostic tests the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your computer for errors. The diagnostic includes a comprehensive set of memory tests. If you are experiencing problems while running Windows, you can use the diagnostic to determine whether the problems are caused by failing hardware, such as RAM or the memory system of your motherboard. Windows Memory Diagnostic is designed to be easy and fast. On most configurations, you can download the diagnostic, read the documentation, run the test and complete the first test pass in less than 30 minutes.
We will update this page from time to time, if you want to share a Freeware to the Community? Send the details Here